Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wedding Plans

As my #1 daughter (by age not fav) is nearing her wedding, I'm getting just a little anxious.  So much to do, so little time.  We were just about to finalize with the caterer, when we were invited by our reception facility to an Open House with a new caterer they are working with.  So do we wait until the end of next week to make a decission or just go with the other?  The Open House is having a tasting of their fare.  Could be better than what we're looking at, but I'd feel better if we had a decission under our belt and a contract with someone and not spending a fortune.  My husband would be happy, too, about not spending a fortune.

Dress fitting tonight!  Exciting!  She'll make a beautiful bride!  Hope the seamstress got it right.  I'm a little worried, since the first lady we worked with retired just after our first fitting.  This gal kind-of jumped in mid-stream.  She seemed nice, but nice doesn't always mean good at measuring.  Daughter #1 has a nice long body.  (Wish I did, too!)

Invitations...  ahhhhhh... pulling hair out!  Will look lovely, but need time to work on them.  Need to have them done by next week and ready to mail.  We may be a little late getting them out.  Scary!

But when all is said and done... the temple is the really important part.  The rest is just for fun.  The couple are in love.  They are both really cute with each other and I think it will be like the Primary Sacrament Meeting Program is every year... it will surprise us and all work out ok in the end... with lots of prayers!

1 comment:

  1. And you will look back on the entire thing and think "When did my baby grow up??" It's all gonna turn out GREAT, Becks!! :)

    ReplyDelete