Monday, October 3, 2011
Appreciating What I've Got
I know I should be working on wedding things, since Hannah's wedding is Friday, after all, but I took a few minutes to do something I've been needing to do and a little breather for me. I got out in the front yard to plant the flowers I bought 3 weeks ago. I was digging and composting and enjoying one of the last days with a hint of the past summer ( I hear it may get cold & rainy this week). A group of students from the school near us were also out enjoying one of the last warm days, as they headed up the street on a field trip. As I was working, I heard one of the moms who was with the group say, "Wow, wouldn't you love to have a house like that? I would." I looked up to see what house she was talking about... yep, it was mine. That was good for me to hear, since I don't appreciate it like I should. I miss my old house, and my old neighbors, and even though I know what a nice house this really is, I needed to hear it from someone else today. I needed to be reminded of my blessings, which are abundant! Way more than I deserve! And to say a little "Thank you," to my generous Heavenly Father, "sorry I haven't been as appreciative as I should have been".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment