Life for the Ames has changed dramatically! We have now added 300+ (maybe close to 400) children to our extended family... in the form of missionaries serving the Lord in the Missouri Independence Mission! July 1st, 2020 we began our service as President and Sister Ames, mission president and companion leaders of these wonderful souls out blessing the lives of others by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Our very own family has grown. It actually grew before we came out here by adding Lochlan Jonah Ames to the Landon and Leila Ames family.
And then while we have been here, in November 2020, Talmage married the beautiful Holly Marie Porter. Because we are in the middle of a COVID19 pandemic, they were married civilly by our bishop, Seth Andrews.
A few weeks later, December 18th, the Porter Family came out to Kansas City with Talmage and Holly, and Talmage and Holly were sealed together for time and all eternity in the Kansas City Temple by President Wayne Miller, then President of the Kansas City Temple.
In May, Talmage and Holly finally got their wedding reception. They had it in Bountiful, UT. I was able to fly home and be there for both the civil wedding and the wedding reception. Both were tender mercies from the Lord. In November I was not planning on going to
the wedding, but a dear sister missionary was having some severe anxiety and couldn’t travel home alone. I was given permission to escort her back to Utah and it turned out to be just in time for the wedding.
I was going to surprise them, but President Ames let the cat out of the bag.
In May I was able to fly back to Utah for the reception, which also allowed me to see our 10th grandbaby, Abigail Egbert. The Lord is so good to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment